Friday, March 18, 2016

Maggie introduction


I came to the U.S.A. in 2007 after I got my registered nurse license in California. I went back to Taiwan several times in the past two years and tried to be a nurse there. Due to the heavy workload, inflexible schedules, low benefits, and disrespectful behavior from the doctors and family, I decided to come back to the U.S.A. and focus on my nursing career. I have an Associates Degree in Taiwan. However, a BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) degree is the trend in both Taiwan and the U.S.A. My goal is to complete all required courses for the RN to BSN program and to obtain a bachelor degree to extend my nursing career.
I am taking this class to improve my English. I hope through this class, I can learn more English writing and reading skills to increase my scores for the English 1A and future English 1B classes.
My name is Hsiu(), it means outstanding, graceful in adjective and to show in verb. Many people don’t know how to pronounce it. It actually is not hard. When you say “ show,” it is the same sound as my first name, Hsiu.
My favorite foods are salad, noodle soup, and Taiwan guavas, not Mexican small guava.  I love salads because they are very light, especially in the summer time; I can have it every single meal. I love noodle soup because it is easy to prepare and digest. I love guava’s crispy taste. The flavor of guava lasts in your mouth and stays fresh once you start to bite and chew it. In my spare time, I like to run, bike and swim. I am very interested in swimming. The heated swimming pool at Foothill College is very clean and has lots of space. I feel relaxed in the pool after stressful classes.
I am glad to meet everyone and looking forward to seeing everyone online.

No comments:

Post a Comment